Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year...

A new year means a lot of new things.

First, I have to say it: I'm dropping out of college. My final GPA was a .333. I can't keep wasting my time, money, and energy. I don't feel exactly wild about it, and I'm sure I'll be letting people down, but it's what I have to do. So I am finishing out this second semester so I can do West Bancroft Side Story (it's the only thing that's stopping me from dropping now) and then I'm entering the work force full time. That's right, I'm not dropping to go to community college, I'm legit dropping, and saving my money. I don't know if I'll be doing this part here in Ohio, or maybe I'll move to Arizona with my dad. It's no secret that I hate Ohio with a burning passion, so getting out of here as soon as I can sounds like a good idea to me.

So like I said, I'm gonna start working and saving my money, because I'm not gonna stay in Ohio or Arizona for long. I'm finally taking charge and going forth with my dream...no: plan. So when I feel like I have enough money saved up, I'm going straight to L.A. You may say I'm stupid, but I don't care. I'm tired of talking about it, it's time to actually start getting shit done. Life is way to short for me to be wasting it. I truly never wanted to go to college in the first place if I must be honest. So now, with 2011 here, it's time to get moving.

I know: it won't be easy. I am more than willing to work crap jobs and live in a shit hole for as long as it takes. I've wanted this way to long, and maybe I will fail, but I'd rather fail than never go for it at all.

And so I start saving, start planning, and stop listening to those telling me "no".

~Tyler~

2 comments:

  1. Im normally not one to tell people to drop out of school but if your not getting your money worth out of it, then why would you keep doing it? If you ever need anything, you know Im here for ya. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im pretty much doing the same thing you are Tyler. Minus the dropping out of school. I've already done that bit. But Im saving all of my money and when I feel like I have enough Im just going to leave. Like you, I know if I stay here forever I will never get out and thats not what I want.

    Do what you feel like you need to do. I have your back 100% and if you ever need anything Im always here for you <3. You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete